Celebrating National Travel & Tourism Week, May 5-11, the Convention & Visitors Bureau is giving away a Springfield Staycation — one of the largest prizes ever offered by the organization.
The drawing is an effort by the CVB to increase awareness of the importance of the travel industry to the local economy and showcase some of the city’s tourism amenities and attractions.
Tourism is one of Springfield’s top industries and has a significant impact on the economy and employment. Visitors spent about $767 million in Greene County last year and more than 17,900 jobs were tourism related. Statewide, tourism is a $17.2 billion industry and employs more than 300,000 people.
The prize winner will receive a package that will help them discover some of the things that bring about 3 million visitors to the city each year. Those visitors enjoy a variety of amenities in Springfield, including those in the package that includes the following:
- Aviary Cafe $30
- BYOPizza $30
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema (4 passes, 2 popcorns)
- Springfield Cardinals Baseball Suite (4 tickets) – July 25th 7:10 p.m.
- Zenith Climbing Center (4 passes)
- Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium (4 passes)
- Swing Right Golf (4 passes for mini golf or disc golf)
- Andy’s Frozen Custard (4 Concretes)
- Haruno/Kai $50
- Bricktown Brewery $50
- Big Whiskey’s American Restaurant & Bar $50
- Discovery Center (4 passes)
- Pythian Castle Escape Room (3 passes)
- Dickerson Park Zoo (4 passes)
- Fantastic Caverns (4 tickets)
- Stay at the Oasis Hotel & Convention Center (2 nights, poolside room)
- America’s Incredible Pizza Company (4 buffets & 4 $10 game cards)
For a chance to win, sign up at https://springfield-staycation.pgtb.me/nZDhNH. Entries must be received by midnight May 25 and the winner will be announced on or about May 27.
For more information, call the CVB at 417-881-5300 or 800-678-8767. The CVB is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the local economy through growth in travel and tourism.