The Convention & Visitors Bureau is seeking to hire a Content Coordinator who will be responsible for creating and curating content for online marketing programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Other duties may be assigned as required.
- Creates high-quality written content for SpringfieldMO.org, the CVB blog and social media channels. Updates existing content as needed.
- With the Public Relations Manager, monitors social media channels for questions and comments posted by users.
- Photographs tourism assets and events for use on partner listings, events calendar, social media channels and micro-campaigns.
Builds and maintains relationships with local media organizations and content creators.
- Works with third-party websites and social media channels to correct errors, provide additional information, improve placement and maintain an accurate and positive image of Springfield.
- Researches and develops digital media strategies for use in CVB marketing efforts.
- Provides monthly reports about social media channels, blogging and other tasks for use in board reports.
- Maintains an editorial calendar for online event promotion and the event guide published quarterly.
- With the Public Relations Manager, writes copy for the annual Visitors Guide and other publications.
- Serves as a backup for public relations functions, including writing and distributing press releases, monitoring media, assisting with promotions, responding to media requests, organizing press tours, writing stories for the constituent newsletter, proofreading and assisting with administrative tasks.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent writing skills including a command of grammar, usage, vocabulary and Associated Press style
- Strong attention to detail needed for proofreading website content, reports and correspondence
- Excellent organizational skills are required to maintain meticulous files
Ability to set goals and prioritize tasks to maintain workload
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle stressful situations in a calm, professional manner
- Ability to recall information such as dates, names, files, and projects.
- Ability to work well within a membership organization and participate in committee decision-making
Education, Training and Experience:
- Familiarity with and passion for the Springfield area
- A passion for social media and a thorough knowledge of leading social networks
- Knowledge of public relations, journalism and marketing principles
- Desktop publishing experience a plus
- Experience with media relations
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, public relations, business communications, marketing or computer information systems, or three years of related experience
Any combination of education, training and experience that would qualify the individual for the position.
Email your resume, references and writing samples to Susan Wade, public relations manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau
The Springfield Convention & Visitors Bureau was formed in 1979 as the hospitality arm of the Chamber of Commerce. The Bureau was incorporated independently as a not-for-profit corporation under the laws of the State of Missouri in 1989. The CVB is a marketing and service organization which contracts annually with the City of Springfield to promote economic development through travel and tourism.