The CVB’s fall advertising campaign targeting leisure travelers is running in full force. The bureau also is conducting a campaign targeting event planners.
The campaigns promoting safe travel to the area were paid for with CARES Act funding.
The leisure campaign theme is titled “Give Yourself a Weekend” and highlights safety protocols for those who wish to give themselves a much-needed break and spend some time in Springfield safely. The advertising is targeting drive markets specifically. Elements of the campaign include:
- Digital advertising across all of Missouri, parts of Kansas, Oklahoma and Arkansas.
- Television spots in St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, Northwest Arkansas, Tulsa and Wichita along with streaming placements in those markets.
- Billboards in St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, Tulsa and Joplin.
- Print advertising, each with matching digital components, are active in each of the markets mentioned above.
Another element of the campaign includes a contest that is underway with KTVI in St. Louis. On Oct. 20 – Free Trip Tuesday – a family of four will win a free weekend trip to Springfield. Thank you to the following partners that are participating for a prize totaling nearly $1,000.
- Oasis Hotel & Convention Center and Bella’s Pizza
- Wonders of Wildlife National Museum & Aquarium
- Dickerson Park Zoo
- Discovery Center
- Fantastic Caverns
- History Museum on the Square
- Downing Street Pour House
- Lambert’s Cafe
Local Campaign Elements
Locally, Fox AM will feature 10 CVB partners on 10 segments in October, showing locals ways they can explore their own city safely. KY3 also will host an interview on “The Place,” a new local lifestyle show, on a date to be determined.
Convention & Sports Campaign
The CVB also is conducting a fall convention and sports campaign that includes a LinkedIn targeted campaign and a print campaign with email and digital components. The campaign promotes zero attrition and other incentives for planners to book events in Springfield.
Check out the Ads!
Here are some of the video assets used in the leisure campaign.
:15 Family: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jy_8gnXXIg
:15 Outdoor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dBJtEqddIQ